New Patient Forms
8005 Bay Street, Suite 5
Sebastian, FL 32958
Vero Beach, FL
3730 7th Terrace, Suite 101
Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Central University of Venezuela School of Medicine – Caracas, Venezuela
INTERNSHIP & RESIDENCY IN GENERAL SURGERY & UROLOGY:
- University of South Florida Health – Tampa, FL
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Endourology – Cornell University/New York Presbyterian Hospital – New York, NY
- Postgraduate Research Fellowship in Urology – University of California/Los Angeles Center of Health & Sciences – Los Angeles, CA
- Research Fellowship – University of South Florida/Sexual Medicine Program – Tampa, FL
- American Board of Urology, Certified Diplomate
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- American Urological Association
- Robotic Surgeons Society
- Endourological Society
A board-certified urologist and Clinical Assistant Professor at Florida State University, College of Medicine, Dr. Hugo Davila completed his surgery and urology training at University of South Florida and Moffitt Cancer Center. He currently practices at Florida Healthcare Specialists (an affiliate practice of Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute) and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital.
Dr. Davila is a leading physician researcher, having previously completed clinical studies on fibrosis, aging and nitric oxide, which were published in prestigious journals, such as Biology of Reproduction, Cardiovascular Research, Urology and British Journal of Urology. In 2004-5, Dr. Davila was awarded a Pfizer research grant about the “Effects of long-term therapy with Sildenafil on the histological and functional alterations of the aged corporal tissue; implications for reversal of corporal veno-occlusive dysfunction.”
His most recent investigations have included the evaluation of robotic surgical techniques and pelvic floor ultrasonography for the correction of pelvic organ prolapses, with several publications in the Urology gold journal, Journal of Robotic Surgery and Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Recently, Dr. Davila described a robotic and laparoscopic single site approach to apical prolapses using native tissue. He also presented a new robotic technique without mesh for pelvic organ prolapses at the European Association of Urology.
An active member of the American Urology Association (AUA), European Association of Urology (EAU), Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS) and Latin-American Society of Pelvic Floor (ALAPP), he has a special interest in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery; his most recent publications in the Journal of Robotic Surgery and Urology Gold Journal describes a new approach using ultrasonography assisted robotic surgery with pubocervical fascia plication and the description of the pubocervical fascia injury on 3D endovaginal ultrasound. He has presented multiple videos, podium and posters at the AUA, EAU, SRS and many international meetings.
- Webinar: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction and Urinary Incontinence Learn about a treatment for erectile dysfunction beyond medication that hundreds of thousands of men have chosen as a way to return to themselves and an active sex life. Hosted by Dr. Hugo Davila, this webinar, EDCure.org, and FixIncontinence.com is brought to you by Boston Scientific.
- Robotic and laparoendoscopic single-site utero-sacral ligament suspension for apical vaginal prolapse: evaluation of our technique and perioperative outcomes.Davila HH, Gallo T, Bruce L, Landrey C.J Robot Surg. 2016 Sep 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical nephrectomy using the Da Vinci Si system: how to improve surgeon autonomy. Our step-by-step technique.Davila HH, Storey RE, Rose MC.J Robot Surg. 2016 Sep;10(3):285-8. doi: 10.1007/s11701-016-0608-6. Epub 2016 Jun 7.
Local urologist creates new surgical fix for prolapse: http://www.veronews.com/32963_features/health/local-urologist-creates-new-surgical-fix-for-prolapse/article_e4dcc4a6-ac4d-11e6-b668-d7bba741bbc1.html
Robotic and laparoendoscopic single-site utero-sacral ligament suspension for apical vaginal prolapse: evaluation of our technique and perioperative outcomes: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11701-016-0638-0
Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Apical Suspension. 4 points technique (RALAS-4): first case reported (Graphic)
- Anatomic Evaluation of Uterosacral and Cardinal Ligament during Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse: http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=80757
- Dr. Hugo Davila Lead Author of Study Evaluating Ligament Relationships During Surgery for Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic apical suspension: description of the spiral technique
- New Hydro-Gel Makes Prostate Cancer Treatment Safer
- ‘Ultrasonography’ device takes imaging to new level (VeroNews.com)